Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Cases and the Criminal Justice System in New York City
New York City criminal defense lawyer Don Murray regularly contributes to a widely visible public forum for people to ask questions about the New York City Criminal Justice system and Criminal Cases in New York. In this forum, lawyers who participate each submit answers to questions about the New York Criminal Justice System. Mr. Murray's answers are frequently rated "Best Answer" by the people who supply the questions.
Here, we reproduce some of these questions and his answers from the forum, as well as providing additional answers to common questions. Please note that the questions are summarized, and that the date the questions are posted to the blog is not necessarily the date the question appeared on the forum.
Explore the list below listing the questions with links to his answers. In addition to finding answers to questions you already have, you may well find answers to questions you didn't even know you had.
- Jun 20, 2015 I have a desk appearance ticket for shoplifting. What is going to happen at this appearance? Also, I think I need a public defender. Jun 20, 2015
- Jun 20, 2015 I'm applying to colleges and I am worried about how to respond to questions about prior criminal charges. I got an ACD. Jun 20, 2015
- Jun 20, 2015 Can a job I currently have find out about dismissed and sealed cases I have had? Jun 20, 2015
- Jun 14, 2015 I have been going back and forth to court on my misdemeanor case for a long time (200 days). I thought speedy trial required dismissal after 90 days. Jun 14, 2015
- Jun 14, 2015 I Don't Get Along with my Public Defender. What Should I Do? Jun 14, 2015
- Jun 2, 2015 What can be done to get domestic violence charges dismissed after an arrest has been made? Jun 2, 2015